The LunaCycle Charger 48V Advanced 300W Ebike Charger:
- 48V (13S) charger
- Designed for 18650-cell and lithium ion battery packs
- Smaller and lighter than other 5 amp chargers
- Smart charger keeps your pack safe and maximizes its life span
- Automatically shuts down when pack is full
- Voltage display lets you monitor your voltage as you charge
- Charge to 80% or 100% with simple 2 position slider switch
- Has the ability to double the life of your battery if charged at 80% only
- Charge fast or slow (3 amps or 5 amps) with a twist of a knob
- High quality fans run quiet and are reliable
- Anodized Sea Blue aluminum case
- 2.5 pounds
- 7.25 x 3.5 x 2 (dimensions in inches)
- 110V AC input for North America
- Charges to 54.4V
- XT60 plug (can easily be changed, our xt60 barrel adapter is required for use with hardcase batteries and can be bought in connector section)
- 6 month warranty
The Luna Charger was made to our specifications from the largest most reputable ebike charger manufacturer in China. Because we ordered in large volume we got a very good price and pass that price onto you. We mean the charger to be a statement of what we want to do which is offer one of a kind products at an affordable price.
We made this charger with a surprisingly small form factor considering it is a serious 300 watt charger. We also had our case anodized sea-blue and had an LED display built onto the face of it. When you plug in the Charger the LED displays the maximum voltage it charges to (54.5V for a nominal 48V pack). After you plug in your battery, it tells you what voltage your battery is at, and you can monitor your voltage while charging.
We wanted our charger to be quiet, so we made ours with high quality and reliable fans. From selling other chargers, we have realized that cheap fans are the #1 reason for charger failure. Charger failure was our #1 reason for customer support issues last year, so now we will have our own charger that we know is reliable and we can sell with our packs. The Luna Charger is specially designed to maximize 18650-cell battery pack life by having two very important features:
#1 It can charge at 3 amps or 5 amps
#2 It can charge your battery to 80% or 100%
Most importantly the Luna Charger accomplishes both these functions while being very easy to use. Both of these two functions are changeable with a flick of a switch, so you don't need to fidget with any digital interfaces to change your charge. No instruction manual needed here. This is a very simple charger to use.
Charge Slow or Fast
We know that charging slow will extend your battery's life, but we also know everyone likes or needs a fast charge now and then.
Do Partial Charging
Charge to 80% or 100% to really maximize life expectancy (Read our article about battery longevity)
Car manufacturers such as Tesla (who also ride with giant Panasonic battery packs) have proven that if you do not charge your pack to 100 percent every time you ride, you will greatly extend the life of your pack.
The Luna Charger adds life to your pack without taking a wad of money from your pocket.
Additional Information and Specifications
- Charger is configured with reverse polarity, over current, over voltage, and short circuit protections.
- Fuse protected
- Precise limit of voltage and current, intelligent control, and avoids over charge.
- Simple Dual LED indicators : Led 1 shows power is on, LED 2: red shows the battery being charged, or green shows the battery fully charged (or no load at DC side).
- Voltage display shows the output voltage inside the charger, and the relative voltage of the battery.
- Toggle switch allows you to do partial charge, 80%, 100%
How to Operate
- Check the parameters of the charger and the parameters of the battery to ensure the compatibility of the charger with your battery.
- If you need to swap-in your own connector, be absolutely certain the red cable goes to the positive of your connector, and the black wire goes to negative.
- Make especially sure that the chargers maximum voltage is the same as your batteries maximum voltage. The 48V (13S) chargers max voltage is 54.6V. The 52V model of chargers max voltage is 58.8V. Your batteries maximum voltage must match these.
- Make sure your charger is plugged in. When LED 1 is red, it means the power is on.
- Users can choose how many amps they want their charge current at with the twist knob.
- The small slider switch can partially charge your battery to prolong its life. We recommend you only go to full charge when you are planning a long ride, and you do not store your battery fully charged. A small screw driver or Allen key must be used to change this switch.
- When LED 2 Turns red, and the fan stops, the battery is fully charged, and the charger will stop charging.
- This charger is configured for use with Luna 18650-cell battery packs. We make no guarantees about compatibility using other batteries. Please be sure the voltage matches your battery. For example only use the 48V charger on a 48V pack.
- USING THE WRONG CHARGER ON A BATTERY IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
- It is up to the user to determine if the charger is appropriate for his battery.
- If the charger does not work properly, please make sure the charger and battery are connected properly.
- The voltage display will light up even if you are not plugged into the household current. Look at the red LED on the back of the charger to make sure you are getting power.
- The charger should be used in a well ventilated area.
- The aluminum case is an important part of heat dissipation. Make sure it isn't covered up or smothered.
- Check the fuse on the back to see if it is burned.
- Unplug the battery, and then plug it back in to reset. (sometimes this is needed after changing percentage charge switch)