Reid Vice 1.0 MTB Bicycle
27.5+ creates a middle ground between two existing models: Fat Bikes, with 26 x 3.8in - 5.0in tires, and traditional Mountain Bikes, whose tires generally range from 2 to 2.5in wide.
Riders have come to love the additional traction and float offered by Fat Bikes, but still like the more nimble handling and speed offered by more traditional Mountain Bikes.
Taking the best bits from both and creating a bike to offer the benefits, with little compromise seemed the perfect solution.
- 6061-T6 Alloy frame and fork with tapered (1 1/8 to 1 ½) steerer,
- Suspension adjusted for easy upgrades. Rack mounts.
- Shimano 3*8 Speed M310 gearing
- Suntour XCM chainset with replacable rings
- Neco sealed BB and Neco headset
- Promax mechanical discs (180mm front, 160mm rear)
- Alex MD40 rims (40mm width, tubeless ready) laced to Joytech hubs (141mm rear, 110 front) using stainless spokes
- WTB Trail Blazer 27.5*2.8 tires with wire bead